Welcome!

8/5/12

Hi my friends!

Welcome to my first ever blog post!  This is really exciting for me because this is one of the first major steps that I am taking on my journey towards what God has called me to do with my life. 

God placed a passion and burden for teenagers on my heart when I was just a teenager myself.  I went on a middle school mission trip as a student leader when I was a Junior in high school and ever since that summer I have known without a doubt that God has called me to love and minister students to the cross of Jesus Christ. 

More specifically, I want to work with teenage girls one day.  I pray that this blog will be a place where young women can learn to combat the lies that our world is throwing at us with the Truth.  

Everywhere in the media we are being bombarded with images that claim to portray beauty.  Trying to live up to these seemingly flawless women can be quite tiring.  Trust me, I tried it myself.  If we continue to compare ourselves and our bodies with these women, we will never be happy or content with ourselves.

I know that when I was a teenage girl, I also struggled with trying to "fit in" and get other people to like me and accept me, especially boys.  Do you know how many times I changed my "style" to try please or try to get the attention of whatever young lad that I thought was cute at that time?  I'm sure we're all guilty of calling up our girlfriends, spending hours trying to figure out what the cutest outfit we own is so that we can just get a look or smile from that special guy.  Let me tell you ladies, it's not worth it.  

You're probably thinking, "Wow, Jessi.  That sure didn't make me feel any better about myself."  Don't worry, this is where it just starts getting good.  

As you have seen, the title of my blog is "Flawless."  At first I was hesitant to have this title because I thought that some people might think that I  am being vain by saying that I am flawless.  Nope.  

My blog title was inspired my Song of Solomon 4:7.  It says, "You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you."  

Ladies, this is how Christ sees us.  We are beautiful and flawless in His sight.  We don't have to keep trying to achieve the perfect body, the perfect wardrobe, or the perfect looks.  When Christ died on the cross for us He washed us clean.  We are without blemish in his sight.  

Our aim and desire shouldn't be to please others anymore.  We should desire to bring glory and praise to our Creator above all else.  Let us return to our first Love, ladies.  We are flawless in His sight.


1 comment: