Tossing Around Some Thoughts

11/18/13

Life is crazy and always changing.  On the contrary, God is good and constant.  It's true.  Your belief in that Truth despite your circumstances shows really just how much you trust God.  No doubt I often fail in fully trusting and relying on the Lord for the present and future, but thankfully he is ALWAYS faithful to me, even when I fail him.

It's been a while, but I wanted to look at some Scripture in 2 Peter that I have been meditating on lately.  God has been blowing my mind with Truth and challenges through this book.  Maybe it will do the same for you.

v. 16 - Peter didn't make up some this story, but saw the Lord's majesty with his own eyes.
v. 17 - He heard God say, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased."
v. 18 - He was with the Lord on the holy mountain.
v. 19 - He have a sure sign of the Lord's promises... His very Word!
v. 20 - No Scripture comes from a humans own interpretation (thank goodness!)
v. 21 - Men spoke from God as they were carried by the Holy Spirit.

So to sum it up, the Lord speaks to us clearly through his Word.  Wowza.

Those who are searching for God's guidance, look no further then His very Word.  If you aren't, why?

I don't want to, nor can I, give you the answers to all of life's questions, but instead I want to point you straight to the only one who can comfort, heal, and save.  I don't want any person to miss God's clear direction when He made it so easily accessible to many of us.  On the other hand, how dare we take this beautiful gift for granted when many people in other countries don't have the Bible in their language or can't read it?

What is it in our generation that keeps us from sharing the Gospel?  Is it because we have not taken the Word and its message for the beautiful, priceless gift that it really is?

First, we are selfish.  Sharing the Gospel is certainly not an easy task, and when you are glued to your calender and only looking at your to-do list for the day, you will miss out on those chance moments that He provides us with.  We are innately selfish, and if something throws off our plans, we freak out, throw a fit, and sometimes get bitter.

Also, we like to decide who hears this Good News.  We look at others and judge them based on their actions, looks, or status in society and decide if they are good enough for us to share the love and grace that we have received with them.

Getting out of our comfort zone is where I found that the Lord has taught me most.  I believe it's times that we feel inadequate, awkward, and unprepared that God teaches us the most if we are willing to be taught.   When presented with opportunities to minister, we will stick to what we are most comfortable and good and, and how easily pride can creep in if we continue on in this pattern.  If you find yourself in an uncomfortable or unpleasant situation, think about how much the Lord can grow you during that time.  Though it may be painful and unpleasant in the moment, it will be worth it in the long run. 



2 comments:

  1. Wow your post is really inspiring :) I suddenly remembered all those instances in my life where I took God for granted. But now, I realized that everything (both negative and positive) happening in my life has their reasons. Because of Him, I learned to appreciate even the smallest things :) thank you for this!!

    Anyway, hope you can drop by my blog as well :The Sassy Theory click here And maybe follow me too? Just let me know if you already did and I will surely follow you back! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Saskia! He is always good to his children!

      Delete