Snow-Globe DIY!

11/28/13

It's that time of year.  The time to show off your crafty side and make them Christmas decorations.  Christmas crafts are something some love and some hate.  I'm actually usually the latter, but with very specific directions and an organized work space, I actually enjoyed making these bad boys.

This was probably one of the easiest things I have ever done though.  It was so fun to make, because you can really do whatever you want with it.  Play around with what you put inside of it and make it something you really like.

  
Make sure to put down a towel when you do this!  The epoxy that you use to glue on your figurines and to seal the lid sticks to EVERYTHING.  And yes, I am speaking from experience.


To start, simply fill your jar almost to the top with water and add a few dashes of glycerin and however much glitter you want.  When you glue the figurines, let them dry to the lid before you stick them in the water (common sense, but my friend Em's ended with just a floating tree, present, and snowman).  Also, don't shake your globe hard for a few days... made that mistake too.

If you all try this let me know and send me a picture!  I might try it again soon.  Obviously I am quite impatient and just wanted to see my little deer get snowed on.  Now he is getting attacked by the evergreen tree.  Oh well.  It's artsy, right? 

9 comments:

  1. That's pretty. What would this be called?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Definitely want to make one now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It doesn't take much time at all and is very inexpensive! :)

      Delete
  3. This is just so cool! Gotta make one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! Then post a picture of yours! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love this! It may be my first Christmas DIY of the season! :)

    ReplyDelete