it needs cultivation

12/22/13

 501 overlook of the James River through the Blue Ridge Mountains


Wow.
This is one of the most perfect pictures ever.  
It just so captures the beautiful work of the Master Artist wonderfully.  
I haven't a lot of time recently to be out and about in his beautiful creation as I would like to, but I am prioritizing it into my schedule next semester, because it truly is my favorite thing to do.  

"It is the same way with joy in our lives. We tend to think of joy as something that ebbs and flows depending on life’s circumstances. But we don’t just lose joy, as though one day we have it and the next it’s gone, oh darn. Joy is something that we have to choose and then work for. Like the ability to run for an hour, it doesn’t come automatically. It needs cultivation.
When life gets painful or doesn’t go as we hoped, it’s okay if a little of our joy seeps away. The Bible teaches that true joy is formed in the midst of the difficult seasons of life."

- Francis Chain, Crazy Love

  

2 comments:

  1. Now that is an absolutely gorgeous photo. And that quote by Francis Chan is awesome. Francis Chan is one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete