Me, Lord?

9/7/12

“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” James 1:5-8

Man, did this verse speak to me or what.  

I have been struggling recently about trying to decide what church I want to call my "home" for the next two years (or more) that I will be here at school.  Notice I said "decide" not "find", because I have actually found two that I like very much.  

I have been weighing out the pros and cons and have attended both since I've been back and definitely have done a LOT of praying about it.  And I am happy to say that the Lord finally placed one of the churches on my heart.

The church I am deciding to call my "home" for at least the next two years preaches the Gospel every Sunday like nobody's business.  They are extremely passionate about missions, which is something that I also hold very close to my heart.  

I also plan on starting to volunteer with the pre-schoolers during one of the services, because I really want to get involved and meet the people of the church.  

There is one con though.  They don't have a Youth Ministry.  This was one of the reasons that I wasn't so sure about calling this church my home.  I wanted to go to a church that had a youth ministry so that I could volunteer and learn from great men and women of God who have a burden for teenagers just as I do.  But then I had one of those "Duh" moments from God.  

What if I am one of the people to start a youth ministry within this church?  I feel so nervous thinking about it because I know how inadequate and unprepared that I am, but I know that if it is God's will for me to help in getting a youth ministry started, then by God's grace He will equip me to meet the needs of my church along the way.

"God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called."

"Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites.  Have I not sent you?"  Judges 6:14

"For nothing is impossible with God."  Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment