RVA Days | Lebanese Food Festival

5/19/14

The best way to spend a Friday night at home?  A Lebanese food festival with the rents.

Richmond is known for it's food festivals, and while I haven't been able to attend once since I was little, this one did not dissappoint.

I ate SO much.  Schwarma, falafel, baklava, stuffed grape leaves, cheese and spinach pies, and more desserts.  My eyes are often much bigger then my stomach, but I managed somehow managed to eat more then I have in while.  My mom and I just couldn't help ourselves.  Everything just looked so delicious and we wanted to try new things too.  I may or may not have even gone back for one of those cheese pies.

There was a ton of people there and they had Lebanese music and dancing as well.  It was an absolute blast!  All the people watching sparked an idea for a new series on here starting in the Fall.  I have a little more bit of details to plan out, but I can't wait to get started with it!

Here are a couple snaps of our yummy food.  I think I've decided that food is one of my very favorite things to photograph.  I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing though.

 

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what it's called but that amazing flaky, sweet honey thing makes my mouth water! I love those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO yummy! I could go for another right now...

      Delete
  2. Food is one of my most favorite things to photograph too!

    ReplyDelete