Guest Post | Maggie - Daisies' Bliss | Hong Kong

4/15/14

 Today, I am hosting my first guest here on my blog!  Maggie and I have been blog buddies for several months now.  I love her sweet personality, her trust in the Lord, and her desire to see Him be glorified in her life.  Her sweet comments on my posts have been so encouraging and I am so glad to have met her through this crazy blog world.  I am so blessed to have her as a friend!

Because of this, it is not surprise that I was beyond excited when Maggie agreed to be a guest on my blog.  I got even more excited when she told me should would be doing a travel post.  Once again, the excitement increased again when I read her post this morning.  Come on guys, she posted about her recent trip to Asia.  How cool is that?!   

I hope you enjoy Maggie's post and check out her blog too because she is the bees knees. And thanks Maggie for writing this post! :)   

____________________________________________________________________________________________


Hey Hi Hello! My name is Maggie and I blog over at Daisies' Bliss.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am about guest posting here at Jess & Joy! I bumped into Jess's blog late last year and may I say I was hooked?! I love Jessi's fun-loving personality and the fact that she thrifts? She meets all my requirements of a gal pal.

Just kidding.

But, really, I have enjoyed Jessi's posts and I hope you will enjoy this post of mine, too! :)

I was born and raised in the city of Hong Kong; I recently traveled there to visit family and friends.

If you would, please allow me to share, from a local's perspective, a few do's I think everyone should do in Hong Kong.

1) Do embrace the culture shock: for example, a much smaller personal bubble





Having resided in the States for quite a few years, I have forgotten how small personal bubbles are in this small city!

But don't let that stop you from embracing the love of those people towards you!

See to it as a way of showing you affection - the closer they are to you, the more they like you! :)

2) Do take a morning walk - it will open your eyes to see a completely different city





^^ The picture above shows two high schools right next to each other (the yellow one and the green one), surrounded by tall buildings of condo units.





^^ a teeny tiny pineapple, anyone?!

It is so refreshing in the morning; you will unveil a side of the city you never knew existed - the quiet side.

On a morning walk, you will likely run into elderly people who will exchange "good morning's" with you.

Everyone around you is just in a happier mood; and trust me, that will make you happier, too!

3) Do be adventurous with your food choices









^^ These are a few of my favorite things

Come on. You travel half way around the Earth, you need to be adventurous to make every penny of your plane ticket count.

I would roam around in a grocery store and pick out anything that catches your eyes.

Or, if the grocery store overwhelms you, hit up a 7-eleven or a Circle-K, they will have less of a variety but will offer the best of the best.

In addition to snacks, I encourage you to visit ethnic restaurants. There are plenty of Japanese and Korean restaurants; there's also Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Indian, French food and many many more available.

4) Do visit a neighborhood not featured in your travel guide







I never knew of this neighborhood until someone took us there.

It's called Park Island - it is a quiet neighborhood with a couple beaches and even a Noah's Ark museum.

I don't think a travel guide would ever take us here.

That's why I think it is a much more precious spot, don't you think?

5) Do explore the outdoor - you will realize there is different kind of beauty in this city







Hong Kong does not simply offer you skyscrapers.

I encourage you to leave the busy districts and enjoy the nature!

You will be surprised at how beautiful Hong Kong is!

There are many trails/hills to hike, just pick one and... GO!!! :)



That's all I wanted to share about the do's in this city of the East.

Hopefully you will be inspired to go visit this dynamic city yourself some day,

do let me know of any questions/comments you may have and I hope I'll see you over at Daisies' Bliss! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment